Thursday, June 25, 2009

Switching Armies

Saturday, I am playing in a 1500pt tournament at Battlefield Games in Kileen Tx. The twist is that in the first two rounds my opponents will play my army and I will be playing their armies. The third round everyone plays their own army as in any other tournament. This should be very interesting, as I have been out of the hobby for a few years. Trying to adapt to what could be two more entirely different armies will definitely be a challenge.

Here is the list I will be taking:

HQ

Command- Senior officer w/bolter, Lascannon, 2x sniper rifles and Master of Ordance.
Chimera

TROOPS

Command- Jr. officer w/bolter, Lascannon, 2x sniper rifles

Squad 1- Auto cannon, grenade launcher

Squad 2- Heavy bolter, plasma

Heavy weapon Squad- 3x Lascannon

Penal Squad

Veteran Squad- Sgt w/ power weapon and plasma pistol, 2x plasma, melta, demo charge, and shotguns

FAST ATTACK

Valkyrie- Multilaser and multi rocket pods

HEAVY SUPPORT

Leman Russ- 3x Heavy bolter

Demolisher- Lascannon, 2x plasma cannons

ELITE

Psyker Battle Squad- x 9
Chimera

Ratlings x 5

Ratlings x 5

I think this list is pretty solid with 6 scoring units and a possible 4 pie plates a turn. What do you think?

Have any of you ever done a tournament in this format before? If so, what was your experience like?

No comments: