Tuesday, December 15, 2009

UNDER PRESSURE: WORKING ON DEADLINES

Well, I've done it again. I have procrastinated when I knew I had a tournament coming up and here I sit at midnight on Tuesday and I have alot of painting/modeling to do. I have a tournament Saturday morning, it is over an hour drive to get there. So, burning the midnight oil is going to be tough. The next three days are going to be tough. I have to assemble and paint a Chimera, a Sentinel, two sniper models, touch ups on the whole army and build a display base(the tournament I am attending gives +2 bonus points for display boards.)
All of this to do and here I am typing this blog..........yep, I'm procrastinating again. Am I the only one that does this?

7 comments:

Col.Gravis said...

I feel your pain! Far from alone, if I spent as much time painting and I did thinking about/putting off painting I'd probably have finished all my Praetorians by now!

sovietspace said...

Are you the only procrastinator? Good lord no! My advice would be to 'enjoy' the extreme motivation of having a tourni so very close, because you'll just go back to procrastination when it passes!

Crazy Red Praetorian said...

HAHA! Thanks guys, that makes me feel better....back to painting....must paint more.

Extrac32 said...

Im just not motivated enough to continue on with doing painting on my guard either lol. Almost have 1000pts done all i need is to paint one 10 man squad, a hellhound and a demolisher. Ive mananged to start the hellhound.

Crazy Red Praetorian said...

Keep plugging away at it, Extrac. I managed to get everything painted and the display board completed as well. I think the tournaments are a great motivation for me. I managed to get best appearance scores at the last tournament. It definitely made me feel like painting some more.

Extrac32 said...

Yeah your not wrong. I have a tournament in April and i cant decide to finish the guard or repaint / paint most of my black legion to take instead. Ive taken them the last few years and im considering a change.

CrusherJoe said...

Oh no sir, you're definitely not the ONLY one that does it.

Shit. With my Location Deficit Disorder and the occasional bouts of Vitae Ex Consumus that seem to seek me out like their favorite prison bitch...if I'm not procrastinating on something it means something ELSE isn't getting worked on! :)