Sunday, July 5, 2009

SPORTSMANSHIP.


In the past few months, I have been playing a lot of 40K. Usually, I play 2 or 3 games every Thursday, 1 or 2 games on Friday, and I try to play 2 tournaments a month.....and I sometimes get pickup game during the week. Most of my experiences have been very enjoyable. However, every now and then there is a squabble over rules or I encounter some one that is just no fun to play against. Winning or losing has very little to do with this. Hell, some of my most enjoyable games were ones where I had my ass handed to me. I had one such game yesterday. In my book, nothing is as much of a buzzkill as a bad sport.
How do you handle playing a sore loser or worse a sore winner? Are you a sore loser or is some one you know a sore loser? Should sportsmanship scores be a higher percentage of overall points?

No comments: